Take Action, Get Active 2020
We are launching a brand new challenge this May, to get you moving and feeling good, whilst fundraising for the Mental Health Foundation. Mental Health Awareness Week takes place in May and the theme this year is kindness. Our challenge is all about being kind to yourself by taking some time out each day for yourself.
We are asking you to be active for 30 minutes a day, which may include running, walking and cycling, but this does not have to be strenuous – you can do the gardening or get those arm muscles moving by baking a cake. Whatever your physical ability, this challenge is for everyone.
What sort of activities can I do?
- HIIT, Pilates, Yoga – whatever exercise floats your boat that day.
- Walking – it's great to try and get some fresh air everyday so why not incorporate this into your challenge?
- Baking – get your sweat on in the kitchen by cooking up a storm.
- Gardening – this can be a great workout too!
- Ultimately, you can get creative in this challenge by taking on whichever form of movement makes you happy (personally we think dancing in your kitchen is a good one!)
- Create a fundraising page online - we recommend using JustGiving.
- Share share share! Once your page is up and running, you can share it on social media, and encourage friends and family to sponsor you.
- Not everyone is online, so think about who else you can reach out to more personally to tell them about your challenge.
- Get your donors involved, ask them to challenge you to different activities in exchange for donations!
Please get in touch with the events team at: email@example.com with any questions.